Sunday, May 2, 2010

Running and Coupon Clipping

I am on week 4 of the 9 week 5K training and let me tell you it is ROUGH! I definitely feel this is helping push me through my weight loss plateau that I've been at since Thanksgiving...dang 2.6 pounds. Anywho, I keep pushing through even though I think I was very close to passing out on the last 5 minute jog. Do you know how long 5 minutes is when you are jogging? VERY LONG. Not sure how I'm going to jog for 45 minutes but I guess that's why it slowly builds you up. Still not one of those "Oh I LOVE running" ladies but hopefully one day!

Now I'm going to tell you about my newest obsession (If you ask my fiance he would probably tell you I have a ton of these) - coupon clipping. I feel I have always been a pretty sensible person...financially that is. I've been taught well by very frugal people...my parents. So at an early age I started a savings account and when it came to getting a credit card my parents taught me to only put a few things on it and make sure and pay it off every month. So that's what I've done and felt I had a pretty good safety net especially after my dog Bear ate himself to a VERY expensive stomach surgery. However I have never been more stressed about money then this year - buying another house, renovating said house, MISC wedding expenses (My parents are paying for the wedding but there are thank you gifts or other items not approved in the budget) and finally our honeymoon...oh and LIFE. Lately, I've been reading a lot of blogs and I came across a couple that talk about the art of coupon clipping. Some of them show examples of their savings. For instance some of them say they can double their grocery dollar and some even have been PAID by the store they go to because of double coupon days and other ways of saving. I find this to be incredibly fascinating. So I have decided to give it a go. It looks like another full time job but there are so many resources out there right now to help - I bought something online the other day and searched for coupons for the specific website and saved 20% that I wouldn't have saved if I hadn't read about this trick on a blog. So I purchased a Sunday Paper and clipped all the coupons and organized them. I will keep you posted on whether or not I see any substantial savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment