Monday, May 31, 2010

Progress at the future Scott home!

So we finally closed on our home on May 14th and that's the day I realized just how much work needed to be done. But I'm super excited to make this house our home and do whatever it takes! And this weekend we are able to see some progress. Here are some before and after photos.

Don't you love the 80s blue carpet and the weird faux finishing? There is also this weird fake rose detail around the light fixture.
Weird mulberry cabinets? Not my fave...
Thankfully this was only on one wall. This has been removed.
No your eyes are not fooling you, that is wallpaper on the closet door. This has been removed. Door still needs to be painted
I'm super pumped about our sun porch.
Embossed wallpaper is removed from Kitchen. Now to tackle the other wallpaper. I swear these people wallpapered every surface in this house.
Embossed wallpaper removed from living room. Popcorn has been scraped. Now all that's left is the floors and painting.
You can't really tell but this is the dining room and a portion of the ceiling has been scraped. Also there are the dreadful roses around the light fixture.
This is what you look like after scraping the living room. It's probably best to wear goggles when doing this...

So it's not a lot of progress but we have 6 months to get it done and I cannot wait!

3 comments:

  1. Hey lady :) If you ever want/need help with the house let me know. I can be a good worker! Plus I'd love to see you and it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary!!! I thought about you all weekend. I saw your beautiful Mom twice. Once at Wal-Mart and then the next day at Jones Brothers. I would love to see you as well. I'll be in late on the 9th and working on the house on the 10th. We should have lunch or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lot of hard work but well worth it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete