Monday, May 10, 2010

Coming Home and Date Night

I went home this weekend for a couple of reasons: Mother's Day, get some wedding stuff done, get paperwork together for closing on our house...(ON FRIDAY - fingers crossed!!!!), and Nick had to work all weekend but we could still have a date night Saturday night.

I had a great weekend. First off I usually HATE the drive home. It's 3 and 1/2 hours of mostly 2 lane roads and I always seem to get behind the slowest drivers. However, at our half-way point after letting the dogs run around I was running through the McDonald's parking lot and what did I see??? A $20 bill!!! I was very excited and it made the drive just a little bit better.

Saturday was a very busy day. I got up and had brunch with my Mom and my Mother-in-law at my favorite bakery that also happens to be the only place that sells Starbucks in town. Then my Mom and I drove by our new house to discuss the landscaping. There are a lot of random plants, shrubs, and trees that need removed or re-arranged. Then she took me over to an Estate Sale shes been working at and I got a sneak peek. Nothing really caught my eye but there was a lot of neat things. Finally after a quick stop at my favorite BBQ place we went home to work on my bouquet. I've decided to use silk flowers for a lot of our flowers mainly because the flower I want (Orange Calla Lilies) are $10 a stem. Not happening. Mom and I made the bridesmaids bouquets and I thought they turned out great. So we made my bouquet and I I think it looks great!

Nick has been working some crazy hours and it seems anytime he is off I have to work or I'll be out of town for some reason. So this weekend he got off work at 6 on Saturday so we planned a date night. We drove to a town nearby to have dinner and hang out. It was really nice because we really got to visit instead of talking on the phone. Neither of us really like talking on the phone so it's hard when you have a long distance relationship.

Finally Mother's Day. For the first time in a LONG time our whole family went to Church together and went out to eat on Mother's Day. My sister and I don't have the best relationship for multiple reasons that I won't get into. However, recently we both have been trying to get along. Don't get me wrong she still drives me nuts a lot of the time but I'm trying and its going to take a long time. So it was a really big deal for us all to be together on Mother's Day. I love my Mom for many reasons and I'm so thankful for the relationship we have. I love you Mom and I hope you had the BEST Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment