Monday, March 1, 2010

House Hunting...

Now that Nick has a job we know where we will be living after the wedding. Well we sort of do. This past weekend I went home so we could meet with our realtor. I have an idea of what I want...I mean what we want :). After living in my first house I know we want 3 bedrooms, at least 2 baths, a garage, and a fenced in yard for our two dogs. So Mrs. Diane took us to four houses. One was out of what we think our price range is but very cute. Two were kinda blah, and probably could not be made into not blah. And then one was very blah but had a lot of potential. I guess my main problem I need to get over is the fact that this house is not going to be our last house. This is our "starter home." We can start our lives in this house, maybe start a family and then it will be time to let another family do the same thing.

Now we need to meet with a financial person and really figure out what our budget is, find out if we would qualify for some of the tax credits (this would hurry our search) and if we want to look outside of the area where we both grew up. I figure if we lived in Dallas or Houston we would have at least a 20-30 min commute so we could live outside of the area and still get to work in a reasonable time frame.

I think the one that is very blah but with potential (we shall call this VBBP for any future posts) is still on our radar but we definitely want to get all the other details figured out before we make any big moves. I guess that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment