Monday, December 7, 2009

One of the BEST days!

Nick (My Fiance) and I have been together for almost 6 years and we've talked about getting married almost a million times. So we both agreed on a time frame we thought would be best so as soon as fall came around I knew he would be popping the question very soon. I've always wanted a fall wedding and really had thought October would be the best month and knew I wanted about a year to plan. So when October came and went I was starting to get a little anxious. He would joke "You know in Ten Years when we finally get married..." This wasn't really funny anymore.

11-14-09 - My engagement day...the best day ever. So I woke up on that Saturday to a text message that said "Check your doorstep." I opened the door to find a bouquet of roses and a note that said "Today is the DAY! It's all about us. Get ready for some fun!" It said to get ready and meet him at the place I caught my first bass. This was at the George Bush Library. So after packing a small bag to get ready for a fabulous dinner I was off to meet Nicholas at the pond behind the GB Library.

Most people would say "Man, you knew it was coming." You see I am not one who likes to be completely shocked or unprepared. So it was perfect for me. Back to meeting Nicholas. So I turn the corner and I see him standing underneath the arbor across the pond. Of course by the time I get to where he is I'm an absolute mess. He said a lot of very sweet things and then got down on one knee and proposed. Afterwards we had a nice picnic by the pond and I saw that he had purchased me my very own pink "Lady Fish" fishing rod. We fished for about an hour and headed off for bowling, putt-putt and arcade games (what I thought our day was going to consist of). It was great. My first roll was a strike and I said "It's cause I'm a Scott now!" -Nick's Dad is a really good bowler.

Next we got ready for a great dinner at Christopher's. The food was great and when we ordered our dessert we were told that it was taken care of by a Mr. David Gardner. Nick had my ring custom designed at a local jewelry store - David Gardners. So the night started to wind down and we headed back to my house. We got to the door and for some reason we couldn't get the door open. After more messing with the lock the door finally swung open and my house was full of guests! My parents, Nick's parents, my best friend (and maid of honor), her parents, and brother and his wife, and my other best friend (bridesmaid) and her sister were all at my house throwing us our engagement party.

It was a fabulous day and it couldn't have been more perfect. I can't wait to see what other surprises Nicholas has in store for us. And I'm ready to finally start our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment