Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Devil's Invention

Outdoor Christmas lights have to be the work of the devil! One thing I have inherited from my father is my eagerness to save a buck. So after Christmas last year I decided to buy some icicle lights at an after Christmas sale. 50% off - you can't beat that!

Fast forward to last weekend. My sweet Nicholas agreed to help me put them up outside. We plugged in last year's sale item to find out that parts of the strand do NOT light up. So we fiddle and we fiddle and finally get them all lit. I also realized that only one strand was not going to cover my wee little house. So I headed back to the store where I got the first strand and bought another strand (full price). Once I brought home the extra lights home we got to work. They looked beautiful!

Then came Sunday. Nick came over Sunday night and said "By the way part of your lights aren't working." It was of course the lights that I got last year that were the problem. So I thought I had found the light that was causing the problem with a portion of the strand. I tried prying the light bulb out and SMASH! Broken to pieces. (The lights were unplugged....in case anyone was worried) Next came the needle nose pliers. I tried to pry the broken pieces out of the pod and was less then successful. So I unplugged and decided to buy a whole new strand.

So the life lesson today: When you are trying to save yourself some money you usually end up spending more money. That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. HI, Found you over on Kelly's HP giveaway..I happened to scroll by another Jessica (you!) and saw the word Fiance and thought, "Hey same name and a fiance too - just like me!" So here i am and I can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks! I'm excited that someone besides my family wants to read my blog. I'm new to blogging so this will be an adventure. When is your wedding? It's a very exciting time. Thanks again for reading!

    ReplyDelete