Thursday, December 3, 2009

New to Blogging

Hello Blogging World!

So for awhile now I've been thinking about starting a blog. I've seen a couple different friend's blogs and then even some blogs of people I don't even know like Kelly'sKorner. It may seem creepy to look at someone's blog who you have never met but I really liked this post she does called Show Us Your Life where she posts a topic like "Show us your Wedding Dress" and then other bloggers post links to their blogs showing their wedding dresses. Anyways, now that I've established myself as a blog stalker...here we go...

So I found it interesting that you could be drawn into someone's life without even meeting them and gaining inspiration from their stories and creativity. So that got me thinking "What could I blog about and what would it's name be." I don't have a particularly exciting life but thought this might be a way to share with family and friends what's going on with me without sending weekly emails. Then recently I got engaged and thought ok blogging might be an interesting way of documenting the process of planning a wedding in a small town in Texas. Also, I have two crazy dogs who give me stories to tell my mom and other dog lovers on a daily basis. And I guess I'm still a new 1st time home owner so that might create some inspiration.

So now I have something I think might be interesting to write about...now I just need a name. I tried to think about everything that is important to me: My dogs, My Fiance, My Family, My Friends and I couldn't come up with anything that I loved. Then I tried Googling "Picking out a Blog Name" and nothing. I even tried the website Namethingy.com and only got things like Good Vomit and Rock Dogs which don't sound like me at all. Did you ever do the name game to find out your Soap Opera Name? Your first pet's name plus the street you grew up and I think something else crazy. Then I started thinking about what I wanted to write about - My Life and right now a lot of that is planning a Wedding. Well I grew up in the same house on Henley Perry Drive. That has a good ring to it. Then I thought - I met my Fiance on Henley Perry Drive (He lived three houses up from me in 3rd grade). So it's where it all started: My life as Jessica the young lady and also where I met my future. Ok that sounds really corny writing it down but I still like it.

Well I guess that's it for now. I will post as long as I feel it's somewhat interesting or something I think someone might get something out of (You know when I have 100s of followers in the future). Night!

PS I was never great in English so if I have grammar or spelling mistakes I'll go ahead and apologize now.

No comments:

Post a Comment