Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our First Home!!!

Nick and I must have been very good this year because we got a great present in our Easter Basket this year. Friday we spent the morning taking some engagement pictures with my second Mom who happens to be a great photographer. It was really fun and I think we got some great shots (I'll post some pictures on my next post). So afterwards I gave Nick a little Easter Basket with a really cute card. And he said "Oh man I feel horrible I didn't even get you a card!"

So fast forward a couple hours and I get an email from our Realtor telling me to call her because she didn't have any one's number. I called and she said the seller's accepted our offer! I was super excited. I really couldn't believe it. They had already come down a significant amount on the house before we made a VERY low initial offer and was surprised that we came to an agreement so quickly (1 week). Nick had gone home to decompress from the day's activities and so I immediately called him to tell him the good news. And I said "See you didn't have to get me an Easter basket or card because you bought me a house for Easter!"

We still have to have an inspection and close on the house but unless something crazy comes out of the inspection this is going to be our first home together!

It needs a LOT of work on the inside. All the floors need to be replaced, paint, popcorn ceilings scrapped and retextured...the list goes on and on. But those are the main things we want to get done before Nick moves in. I've even met our across the street neighbor already. We are very excited. I'm sure I will be posting our adventure of home remodeling over the next few months. Nick is going to become a handy man I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment