Wednesday, June 30, 2010

25 Years...

I am 25 years old today. Sometimes I don't feel like a 25 year old. My parents can always make me feel like a kid again. My Dad always calls me on my birthday (well ever since I've been away from home on my birthday) and sings Happy Birthday to me. My Mom always sends me a birthday card and calls me her baby girl. Another thing that makes me feel younger than 25 is when people tell me "I was pregnant at 25 or I already had a child by that time." I still feel like a child myself and definitely not ready for that responsibility. And sometimes I HATE being an adult and wish for the days where my biggest worry was what I was going to wear to school tomorrow. I mean who wants to go to work everyday and only get bills in the mail. You have no idea how much "fun mail" (ie - Cards, Hand-Written letters, Magazines, etc) brightens my day. Send me a card for no reason and I will love you forever. Don't believe me? Send me a one and you will see.

But then sometimes I look at some people my age who seem so immature which makes me feel like an 80 year old woman thinking nasty thoughts about those darn whippersnappers. Side note: Did you know according to Merriam-Webster online "Whippersnapper was first spotted in print during the last quarter of the 17th century. The term may have its origin in whip snapper, a term used for young layabouts who once stood around on street corners and snapped whips to idle away the time." But I digress...Nick calls me an old man sometimes because I constantly talk about the weather and how it needs to rain. This only started when I started paying my own utilities and had a yard I needed to water. I also love to check my rain gauge to see how much rain we got!

Anyways I'm ok with 25. Because the first 25 years have been pretty awesome if I must say so myself. And I cannot wait to see what the next 25 years have to offer.

PS - Hurricane Alex is not my friend. Working until 11 pm was not really what I was hoping to do on my 25th birthday...

1 comment:

  1. Turning 25 totally freaked me out. I'm glad to see you're handling it better than me! =)

    ReplyDelete