Monday, February 1, 2010

Check.....Check....Check.....

It seems like over the next year I will be making a lot of trips home. For one thing, Nicholas is back at home and we will be apart until after the wedding. But then we also have wedding things to handle back at home. But first I'm excited to say that we have reserved our Videographer! I can tell you (my phantom readers) who she is because I know you can't steal her from me on the November 27th. Her name is Vanessa McKellar and she is AWESOME! When my cousin got married back in 2007 he and his wife had her capture their wedding day. Before that I was always like "Who really needs a silly wedding video?" But I watched their video and what sold me was how she captured the moment when he first saw Lauren walk down the aisle. And I was a bridesmaid and I can tell you I never noticed her until during the reception. So she is very much in the background just capturing the day as it happens, not staging corny things. If you want to see some of her work, I follow her blog.

But I went home this weekend because we had an appointment with our cake lady and photographer. We first met with the cake lady. I guess Nick and I have watched too many wedding planning shows on TV because we didn't get to taste any cakes! Or maybe that's just something you do in a big city. But she has done a cake for a friend of mine and it was delicious so I bet ours will be great too. This is the cake I would really like because it has elements of our invitations.
If it doesn't work out we have another option. Nick also picked out a grooms cake. He wasn't going to get one at first but he found one he really liked. It's a single chocolate tier with chocolate drizzle and a lot of chocolate strawberries around the base.

Next we met with our photographer at his studio. He actually plays the piano at my church so we already knew him and I had seen a lot of his work before so it was a pretty easy meeting. I told you I was from a small town!

So all in all it was a really productive weekend! I guess that's it for now. Maybe I will go try on my dream shoes this weekend...

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! You're moving along really quickly, I still have yet to do any of that! lol. That cake is BEAUTIFUL too!! What are your colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I was afraid you had given up on my blogging. I need to get better about writing consistently. My main color is chocolate brown. And my flowers are orange calla lillies so I guess my secondary color would be orange. But really anything in the fall color scheme will be my color. So those green hydrangeas will not be on my cake. I collect Willow Tree Angels so we are using that as the cake topper. Thanks again for checking in with me!

    ReplyDelete